We are seeking a highly creative and motivated individual to join us in developing the next generation of gene editing technologies. The successful applicant will have a strong scientific background and proven accomplishments in next generation sequencing technologies (library prep, quality control, sequencing hardware), in molecular/cellular biology and a passion for genome editing and gene therapy. As part of the gene editing platform, the candidate will contribute to our ongoing efforts toward the development of differentiated therapeutic approaches using our gene editing technologies. Candidates should be highly self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-moving, goal-oriented environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Run existing processes as well as assist with develop new protocols.
- Operate effectively and autonomously in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Organize, perform, analyze experiments and present results.
- Report directly to the Manager of the Gene Editing Platform.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
- Keep detailed experimental documentation in the electronic notebook.
- Present data regularly to multidisciplinary teams at group meetings.
- And other duties as necessary.
- Very strong foundation in molecular biology skills, including primer design, PCR, molecular cloning, mRNA synthesis, RT-PCR, PCR and NGS library preparation.
- Strong experience with MiSeq/NextSeq next-generation sequencing (NGS) instrumentation.
- Experience with DNA Target Enrichment technologies.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, transfections, and cell-based assays.
- Experience with programming lab automation is highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills, multitasking proficiency in an extremely fast-paced environment with evolving priorities
- Excellent troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to meticulously maintain an electronic lab notebook (ELN), document information in laboratory information management system (LIMS) and drafting SOPs.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be a positive and professional team player with positive attitude who works well under pressure and is flexible and responsible.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, small-midsized company environment.
- Professional, able to apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- General application of concepts and principles.
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry or related discipline.
- 1-4 years of relevant experience in industry.
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology, gene editing and next-generation sequencing technologies is a plus.
- Experience in Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and data analysis tools (e.g. Flowjo, prism).
- Candidates should be authorized to work in the U.S., preferably without the need for current, or future, sponsorship.
- Role is based in New York, NY.
- Sedentary - primarily involves sitting and/or standing.
- Laboratory work performed within a BSL1 and BSL2 environments.
- Communicates with others on a daily basis to exchange information.