The aim of the Business Development team is to commercialize Cellectis’ intellectual property and to acquire other companies’ IP that would support the development of new technologies or products. Cellectis’ innovative intellectual property has a broad range of applications such as health, agriculture or research regarding stem cells and alternative energies. The Business Development team is also in charge of the business contracts with our partners.
The Business Development strategy comprises five main areas, which will help Cellectis advance its leadership in Genome engineering. These are:
• to give priority to Meganucleases for therapeutic applications in order to treat rare genetic diseases and viral infections, and to develop new products to fight cancer or to improve allogeneic transplantation (transplant between two genetically different persons)
• to pro-actively transfer its technology to major academic and industrial laboratories for research purposes
• to enter into business agreements in its four main fields of application: healthcare, biotechnology, agricultural biotechnology, and stem cells
• to strengthen privileged partnerships established with some of the major players in agricultural biotechnology
• and to sustain Cellectis’ competitive advantage by continuing to enhance its patent portfolio and by increasing its technological lead and expertise in order to bring value to the portfolio.